The Injection Molding Supervisor is responsible for directing a small team of molding associates in the areas of production, scheduling, safety, maintenance and quality. The successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience of ‘hands-on’ injection molding and similar experience dealing in plastic polymers as well as supervisory experience. The position will require competencies that include molding, tooling, quality inspection and supervision.
This position is for our second shift. Monday through Thursday 6:00pm to 6:00am
- Troubleshoot and adjust molding parameters to maintain quality and maximum product output
- Lead a small team of people in execution of daily production tasks, work scheduling, training, maintenance and in continuous improvement
- Perform problem-solving to develop corrective actions for customer issues or to initiate continuous improvement
- Coordinate tooling and equipment availability, repair and maintenance
- Ensure cleanliness and maintains safe work environment within molding department
- Respond to problems by performing corrective technical or mechanical solutions
- Maintain positive employee relations and adhere to Company policies, safety standards, and good housekeeping practices
- Coordinate with outside vendors regarding maintenance and repair for tooling and equipment
- Implement and manage all maintenance functions, including but not limited to preventive, corrective and emergency maintenance on all injection molding equipment
|EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE|
Education: Minimum of High School Graduate or GED. Degree in Plastics or Engineering OR 5 years hands-on work experience in Injection Molding.
Experience: At least one year of experience in a similar setting with required education, or 5 years of experience without required education.
Skills & abilities:
- Work independently, and is able to follow orders.
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Must possess strong leadership and managerial skills
- Continuous Improvement experience within a manufacturing environment, preferably in an ISO 9001:2008 certified company.
|WORK ENVIRONMENT/PHYSICAL ACTIVITY|
These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the Injection Molding Supervisor job.
• May engage in frequent bending, stooping, squatting, pushing and pulling of parts and part containers
• May be required to sit or stand for long periods of time
• Ability to lift 50 pounds a minimum of 10 times per day and lift 50-75 lbs. over shoulder height occasionally
• Ability to occasionally climb on and off a forklift safely and without assistance
• Ability to work at heights (with or without fall protection). Must not be at risk of sudden alterations in consciousness
• Able to occasionally climb ladders safely and without assistance.
• Able to stand/walk for 11 hours of an 12-hour shift
Injection molding machine setters work in a typical factory shop setting and use protective equipment to avoid common hazards; such as, safety belts, protective glasses. Noise is heavy to moderate. Room temperature must be maintained warm in order to protect the product; room temperature can become warm at times.
Note: The above description is illustrative only. It is not meant to be all-inclusive.
Candidate must be able to pass a background screen and drug screen.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer (M/F/D/V), committed to a diverse workforce.
Salary: $18.00 /hour (non-exempt)